HybridZ

Supra lights

Guest Drb26Z

Guest Drb26Z

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had done a supra rear light conversion on their Z? If so could you send me some pic's? I want to do it on my 71 240 and think it would look awesome, how much trouble would i need to go to to fab up a panel that would fit them? And how would this sit in relation to the original rear?

Jonny Wilkinson

Guest Drb26Z

I visited that topic and couldn't find any specifics related to the swap just speculations. Don't think I haven't searched cas I have I just want specifics so if there are some i missed guide me in their direction please.

Jonny Wilkinson

Not that difficult, I would think.

Just make a new panel out of sheetmetal that fits over the entire width of the tail light area. Cut the holes for the Supra lights and make some whay to bolt them in (likely need to cut the holes in the body too). I took it a bit further....lots of work and time, but doable.

Tim

Guest Zachb55

yeah, this along with the skyline tail lights were long contemplated, and it turned out that the skyline ones were much more doable, and i know of a couple different people doing those, but no one has gone the supra route because of issues like them being so wide that there would be hardly (if any) room for the license plate while using only the stock mounting area... now if your were to mold your entire rear end into one piece like in the pic below then you would be able to work around things like that. anything is possible, but i believe you would be treading new territory. theres a first for everything man, go for it, but it wont be easy, or cheap for that matter...

taillights3.jpg

obviously that car is also wider then stock, a lot of work went into that, but you might be able to fit supra lights into something of the stock width, just prepare to start taring into the rear of your Z!

-Zach