HybridZ

Single turbo SBC 350

Guest the_dj

Guest the_dj

Trying to consider all my options, I'm sure several of you already know what I am trying to accomplish with my engine. Right now I have 250ish hp and I'm working for a 500ish hp engine. Next on my list of options: forced induction. I am pretty familiar with turbos and their workings, etc, but here we go:

I found 2 turbos for sale that interest me. One is from a Cummins 5.9L turbo diesel. The other is from a 6.5L turbo diesel. I am considering 5-8lbs. of boost for my engine. Would ONE of these turbos be able to supply that?

Sam

Guest Anonymous

I'm thinking they would I was looking at two such units, I think the dodge uses a big holset turbo and the Chevy I'm not sure, but both have the displacement that is the same or bigger than the V8 its going on, so I don't see why not. I've seen some real buys on both of those turbo's recently on Ebay.

Regards,

Lone

Ps: Document this if you go do this, theres alot of interest from quite a few people. Thanks.

Im not sure about those turbos but I have an idea that might help you with some future considerations. If your running a carb engine you will need to have a pressure box for your carb. Vortech makes a new supercharger that is made for the Holley 4150. I think the whole setup is around 3.5K so Im sure the box itself wouldnt break the bank like some pressure boxes would. It also looks really sweet!

FWIW, if it were me I would look into the Votech SC and stay away from the turbo