HybridZ

71 240z with a v12

jonzer12

Thanks for responding I was just browsing ontariozcar.com saw your car and was interested in how you accomplished the v12 swap. I searched for your old posts and it was some interesting reading. I am not interested in attempting the v12 thing (way over my head and budget) I am currently working/saving for a SBC swap, so far I have parts but no car, I can't find one with a worthy body in Ontario that I can afford.

Hi Guys:

The fuel injection is a combination of Accel DFI, GM sensors and Jaguar mechanicals.

If you are looking for a body you could look through the OZC website. Occasionally a descent car pops up. Who knows you might even join the club. They have an good swap meet in spring that is worth attending. You could always go south and import one.

Once you get into it, you will find as most on this site do, that these cars respond very well to modification. I have never regretted any of the changes performed on my car over the many years I have had it. Good luck with your search.

Cheers …:::Glenn

that is a very BADASS car.. the motor is so sexy looking and fits so well in the engine bay.

i give you mad props for doing that swap and completing such a car.

very nice!

mike

album_pic.php?pic_id=1583

This pic goes back to spring of ’86.

The rear end is very simple. A fibreglass panel covers the rear in place of the metal one. The home made lower valance is fresh out the mould here. The licence plate cover folds down to reveal the filler cap. Tail lights are seldom recognized as the truck trailer lights they are. They have since been replaced with LEDs.

race.jpg

...:::Glenn

• 3 weeks later...

Yup that would be me. And yes they are Simmons 3 piece wheels.

17x11 in the back with 315/35/17 yokohama avs sports on them.

Nobody makes a deep dish 4 lug RWD offset wheel...at least off the shelf. These guys did a beautiful job on my wheels, and I have been extremely impressed by the fit and quality. There were no problems whatsoever with ordering them, and they constantly kept me up to date as to where my rims were and how they were coming along.

AND they bolt to a stock Z suspension!! :shock: All flare baby 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John:

I think I will hang on to the car for a bit…at least until it’s finished. Are they ever finished? I have a couple of Isky cams to put in and it needs paint bad. This will be the last car I will build.

I’m going to hang on to the woman I have now as she is very special to me.

I really wouldn’t know how much to ask for this car. When it had an eight in it I figured the asking price would be less than a 944 or 928S. But now the Zs are getting rare and the prices are going up. If we all got together like a small version of OPEC we could drive the prices up. It would be a good topic to post.

I have your number you can pull it off the post and if things change your number one.

Cheers…:::Glenn