HybridZ

Haltech A/F Ratio o2 sensor problem

Turbo280Zcar

Hey guys,

Working on the new system and I've got a dilema. I noticed the A/F ratio number was not changing as I was changing maps. Checked my A/F 30 ratio meter and the left most red is lit up and the right nost green is lit up, nothing moving. the A/F ratio number It is stuck at 459 mv when the car is running and hooked up to laptop. I checked the wiring diagram to see if I wired it wrong and it seems to be fine. disconnected the plug and checked the readings fromt he haltech side. 12.5v from grey and red wire, ground ok, but the signal wire had 4.5volts commoing out of it. As much as I know that shouldn't read anything when discnected from the o2 sensor right? Checked the O2 sensor and it was reading just under 1 volt, car was cold so probably ok.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Guest jt240z

Which O2 input are you using? Are you using the main O2 control or the Aux O2 input?

For main O2 closed loop control.

Did you setup the software for a 0-1V sensor in the "Options" then "Output Options" page? Is the closed loop option enabled.

For Aux O2 data logging.

Go to "Setup" and then to "Input/Output"

Did you setup the spare input as the O2 Sensor and set the gain to 0-1V?

If you're in the tuning phase, then disable the closed loop O2 control. It will keep trying to screw with your settings during off idle. All tuning was done with a WideBand O2 meter running independent of the ECU. Try connecting the HalMeter to the sensor without the ECU input line attached. Only use the +12V and GND wires. Connect the sensor wire only to the display module. If you want to log O2 then use the AUX input configured for O2 and attach the input wire to the sensor output.

I personally don't use closed loop O2. If the MAPs are setup correctly, you don't need it.

Good luck,

JT240Z