HybridZ

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

80LS1T

Well I finally fixed my high idle problem on my LT1! This is a for sure fix! :D........

I started thinking today about what the heck could be going on with my idle speed and I remembered that I had to switch the 96' connector from my harness to a 93' connector for my IAC motor(I bought the harness from "Darius" who has a 96' LT1). So when I switch them I just took wire "A" from the 96' harness and connected it to wire "A" on the 93' harness and continued on through wires B, C, and D. Well I thought that they would be the same wiring just different connectors.....

Then when I got home today I looked up the wiring diagrams on ALLDATA and sure enough the wires WEREN'T the same! I was overjoyed to see that. So I took the connector off and put the wires in the right spots for the 93' engine and sure enough as soon as I started it up it stayed at about 800-900RPM's!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Now I just have to see if that fixes my rough running at low RPM's!(well it kinda feels like a miss but when I "get on it" it goes away"?) Does the IAC have any part in low RPM's? I wouldnt think it does but you just never know.

Guy<--------VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW! :D:D

Guest greimann

Good on ya, well done! Considering that an IAC is a metered vacuum leak, it could very well improve your low RPM drivability. When you get on it, the volume of the "vacuum leak" is minimized compared to the throttle opening.

Yeah it is running a lot better now! :D It is a lot more fun to drive now too cause it doesnt run at 1500rpms at stop lights(that was kind of embarassing!)

Now I have to find a new gear box for the steering cause mine leaks! This is a minnor concern though! :D

Guy

Yeah I know there was a few guys from Green Bay trying to start a Z car club but I havent heard from them in a month or so. I just found out recently that I have a fellow Hybrider only 15 minutes from me! :D I know I am all for a Z car club!

Guy