HybridZ

New cam, What lash pads?

240hoke

hey,

i posted this just a bit ago in the 6 cylinder tech forum but i didnt know how much traffic they get so im posting here. I just got my new cam and rockers put in today, went realitivly easy enough. But at any rate with the higher lift i need to change my lash pads. Curious about what size some of you guys were running so i dont have to guess a much when i buy them. The cam is a 260 dur 440 lift.

-Austin

Guest jt240z

Contact the MFG of the cam. They will know what lash pad is needed to start off with. After that, you'll have to verify your lash pad is correct by doing a wipe pattern. An easy way is to use a sharpe pen and mark up the top of the rocker arm. Run the cam once through a cycle and check the rocker arm. The area that the cam lobe hit should be wiped clean and centered.

You could also measure the difference in base circles between the old cam and new one, and the difference is the extra thickness you need.

Or, how much gap is there now? In other words, measure the gap between the cam lobe and the pad on the rocker arm, subtract the valve adjustment spec, and that is your extra thickness.