HybridZ

rebuilding tranny prices

innerware

How much do you think rebuilding a 5 speed stock tranny costs in the Bay Area? Someone is selling one near me for 50$ condition unknown from a salvaged car. I would like that extra gear and will be doing clutch work soon. Any ideas are good or good companies around to call.

Thanks,

Kyle

Guest MistressMotorsports

In SoCal I paid $450 to have a 5 speed completely gone through last winter. Bearings, seals, synchros and a 12 month guarantee. The gears themselves were ok. Sorry I don't have any leads in your area, but you can use this for comparison. I think I got a fair deal, if not absolutely rock bottom priced.

Mike

In SoCal I paid $450 to have a 5 speed completely gone through last winter. Bearings' date=' seals, synchros and a 12 month guarantee. The gears themselves were ok. Sorry I don't have any leads in your area, but you can use this for comparison. I think I got a fair deal, if not absolutely rock bottom priced.

Mike[/quote']

Mike, I would appreciate it very much if you'd PM me the contact info of that shop that rebuilt your 5spd.

That sounds like a fair price to me.... thanks-joel