HybridZ

So close to being back on the road...

Hey guys,

just wanted to say that I picked up another 350 block. It's 30 over and in excellent shape. I've cleaned it up good, and gotten the head studs over from the old block into the new one, and gotten the heads, and the new cam in. I've got to put the roller rockers, lifters, and push rods back in, then I just need to get to Wally World to pick up some RTV so I can get the intake and the carb back on and then I'll be ready to bolt 'er back up. :D

I went with the same cam that was in the old motor, it's a Comp XE274. I'm also putting on a set of chrome valve covers as the ones that were on there were black, and pretty ugly IMO. :?

Anyway, I'll definatly be ready for the SEZs meet, and I'll have little more umph from the 355 hopefully. :-D

Oh, and I don't know if any of you recall my posts about having trouble with overheating problems, but I figured out that it had nothing to do with my cooling system. Number 5...or...maybe it was 6, was sticking, and there was so much carbon buildup in there that it looked like someone had had a party in there and started a bonfire!

So, if all goes as planned, I'll be back on the road in a few days, and I'll actually be able to drive the car more than 20 or so miles before I have to park 'er and let it cool.

Can't wait 'till the meet! 8)

JB

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/rkr

(Still working on alot of the pics...)

Well done! You seemed to have fixed that in good time. I was looking at your pics. You must have modified hings on the hood. Any Idea how it was done. I need to do something somilar to make my hood work.

Cheers

Douglas

I'll e-mail you some pics Doug. The hood is really light, and it's simply held into a piece of "L" shaped steel beam that runs the width of the front of the car. It's bolted in two places, and the hood bolts to that on each end. Pictures will be an easier explination. I'll try to get some this evening.

JB

Doug,

When JR sends you those pictures, could you please scale them down to an appropriate size and post them here as well? That's the sort of information I'm sure many people could benefit from.

If you have no place to host the pictures, you can send them to me and I'll put them on our server.

Thanks to both of you!

Doug, I sent you the pictures via e-mail. One is a little blurry, but it's clear enough to see what it is. I'll get some more with the hood actually ON the car as soon as I find a flywheel that fits this blankity blank block. (Actually, I love it, but I keep making trips to the parts store unexpectedly...fuel pump block offs, gaskets, paint...etc. etc...but soon, very soon... :twisted: )

JB