HybridZ

Can anybody tell me about these cars?

Guest dantm

Hi, I've recently become interested in the 240Z style of cars. From what I understand they are fun to drive, relativelly cheap, and from what I can tell they look amazing.

However, I don't like the stock look of the 240Z, but rather the slightly modified ones. Can somebody tell me about the body kits on these cars:

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z-C-carburg.JPG

and

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z-c-fairlady-withflairs-gnose.jpg

They both look lowered, plus having a different nose style on each of them.

One more question -- what are the upgrades in order to get higher horsepower from the stock (or the 280Z) engine?

Thanks,

/Dan

Guest Zachb55

Hey dan, welcome to the world of Z. the early Z car's looks is what captured me too, and how can you just leave that stock anyhow? but you will find this site to be priceless in the information that can be extracted from it, as posted above both of those cars have kits done to them, and luckily for you these are kits you can buy and install pretty easily, unlike some that require MUCH modification. if you are a good metal worker then of course you could make your own body kits if you wanted, but you will find that MSA (motorsport auto http://www.zcarparts.com) has a wide variety of kits and that most peoples desires are filled by their selection. well good luck with your Zeeeing, and make sure you get a car that doesnt have lots of hidden rust-suprises!

-Zach[/url]

Hey guys,

THanks a lot for all the useful info. It seems indeed that one can start relativelly cheap with a 240Z and work on it -- I never realized how much information is available.

IF you guys look at the second car in the links, it's actually a car from Japan. I just realized by the license plate look, which I have seen on other cars. But since I pulled that picture from Showcars, they definitely seem to make that G-nose kit.

One more question -- anybody know what they did to the fenders around the wheels? They look somehow rivetted?

Thanks,

/Dan

PS. If you guys have any information on local clubs for the Ontario, Canada region (Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo) please let me know.

I just realized by the license plate look' date=' which I have seen on other cars. But since I pulled that picture from Showcars, they definitely seem to make that G-nose kit.

Thanks,

/Dan

[/quote']

Don't assume that since the pic was on his site that he produced the kit that's on the car. He has a knack for using pictures of cars without permission and cars that do not have his products on them. Do a search for showcars bodyparts and you will find plenty of bad publicity on the company. Doing business with them has been advised against. Be warned.

Tim

Thanks for the heads-up on showcars bodyparts. So far I am at the beginning of my Z car interest so for now I won't have any dealings with them...but it's great to know for later!!!

Thanks again,

/Dan

Check out http://www.ontariozcar.com you live close to many of their events. I believe they have their own magazine/newsletter and quite a few events. They also have a classified section that is fairly busy. I have never been to an event as I live on the opposite end of Ontario but I think that many of their members are on this site, ask around.