HybridZ

all 240 owners

hi all i have a question about guages.i want to replace the anameter guage in my 240 with a volt guage out of a 260.can i just connect the anameter wires or is there something else i have to do? i would hate to start a fire after all the work i did to the motor and frame.

also if anyone is interested i bought a set of autometer guages that fit inside the bezle and cup making instalation in the dash a snap and the style looks factory.

thanks for the input.

660, yes, just take a small bolt/screw and bolt the wires to the amp gage together. Shrink tubing of several sizes on the connection should give plenty of insulation.

As for the volt meter, you want to find a wire that only has power with the key in the on position (maybe start too) and wire the gage to that wire and ground.

Do not connect your amp gauge wires to your volt meter! After you disconnect the the two heavy wires from the amp gauge, connect them together ( I bolted the two eyelets together) then rap it up with electric tape or what ever to make sure you have no bare wire sticking out. Now for your volt meter, all it needs is a good ground, and power from your fuse panel.