HybridZ

has anyone put 2" jag su's on their l28??

datfreak

• 1 month later...
Guest G-nose240z

i have a 240z with an l28 bored .30 over with oversized valves with an e88 head. i was running standard hitachi 4 screw su's (1 /34 inch diameter) , then thought about going to a 2" jag. i have opted instead for rover 2" su's as the jag's are more tempermental and harder to tune. also, my car is a serious autocross car, so the float bowl design is important. the rover's pull just as hard as trible webers, mikuni's, etc without having the tuning problems that go with buying someone else's used headaches.

the jag su's you may have are the early 2.8 and 4.2 litre power units with

su. HD 8 carbs. the jet neddle type for the 4.2 litre is "UM" and jet size is

125in. (3.17mm) the jet needle type is "U.V.V." and the jet size is the same for the 2.8 litre motor.

if you are serious about keeping jag su's, i recommend buying the jaguar xj6 service manual from a jag dealer or a bookstore like powell's books in portland, ore

cheers from canada

Guest bastaad525

Rebello sells a set of overbored SU's already set up for a Z that are pricey but sound well worth it... supposed to have all the high end of triples but much better street driveability, gas mileage, manners of the stock SU's.