HybridZ

Maichor's LS1 startup video-SHE'S ALIVE!!!

:D Well, I flew my two brothers and my Dad in to help me mount the VR kit. We spent ~10 hours a day in the garage for a week and got a lot done.

1) Front and rear suspension all done!

2) Front coil overs with Z31 hubs, 4X4 brakes and 275/40/17's

3) Rear 240SX suspension w/ R230 VLSD and 335/35/17's :D

4) Floor pans & subframes buttoned up and painted with POR15

5) Velo Rossa Kit installed but rough

6) LS1 LIVES! -But, I will finish body work and paint before I reinstall it.

I have to say, all of the work/bonding was great but nothing compared to the thrill of that thing firing up. It was beautiful. Cranked, but would not fire. . . Fired with ether. . . We checked injectors that were not working before. . . Got them all working with the fuel rail off, installed it and the video you see is the first run after sitting for almost 2 years. It runs like new, no smoke, no tuning required! :rockon:

http://www.screenblast.com/Maichor/VeloRossa

If the above link doesn't work for you, go here: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/maichor75104

Look under kit install. The link will probably only work for a few weeks since the sharing service will change soon.

Since the car was not drivable, we went to Speedzone to celebrate. It must have been quite a sight to see a three 30+ brothers and 60 year old Dad in the Mini Dragsters and Grand Prix cars. What a great week! :2thumbs:

Sorry, I guess full sized files can only be shared when you pony up the dough. Its not available on their free service. I will look around to see who I want to go with to get a better setup. I would like to do a writeup on a webpage, but I don't think the free services will cut it. You can see picures though.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/maichor75104

Michael - Yeee - Haaaw good buddy! Good to see the progress on the Vela Rossa! Keep up the pressure - paint that sucker and get the LS1 in it!

Downsize your pictures and post them in your album here on HybridZ. Put the link in your signature box and then all you have to do is say - "Go look at my album" whenever you get some new pics!!!

Hoping to get mine back this week or next. I "feel the need - the need for speed!"

Phantom

is the ls1 a better set-up for a 240z or an lt1?also can I use the 6 speed manual tranny?

I guess that depends on what you define as "better". The LS will run a couple grand more for the motor & trans, and just about everything is different in regards to mounting, install, wiring, etc. The LT1 is "tried & true", so there's no mystery in getting it go in. I think the verdict is still out on whether you can say one is "better" than the other. Is the extra cost worth a little weight savings? I guess that's the true question. Just my 2 cents.