HybridZ

HURRICANE ISABEL

Synlubes

Guess where I am - 70 miles west of Hampton Rds!. The eye went right over Richmond, but by that time the tail of the storm had broken off and that far over land it had lost enough energy to be downgraded to a tropical storm. Still 70 mph winds is like sticking your head out the car window at 70 mph. We have about 10 trees down in the yard and 10 more in the woods behind the house all is a stright path, suspiciously like a tornado scar. The good news : the cars are fine, the house is fine. Worst loss: Our swimming pool was crushed by a tree. We have had no electricity since Thursday, Have to drive 20 minutes for gas to keep the generator going for essentials like well water, refrigerator, lights and TV. No computer, but the phones never went out!

Roughing it for now,

Man...I finally got power back. A tree just missed my garage and another hit my neighbor's car. This was very weird for me. I came from a place where there was powerful typhoons and afterwards the place stood up...we have a Cat 1 in Hampton Roads, VA and it destroys the place. I can only come up with this, the ground musta been soft from the rain a couple of days before hand. As for the shingles flying off, well...high winds will do that.

Hey Doug...I'm glad to hear things went okay. I was kinda scared a few hours there. I had the Z in the garage, but I knew the tree was next to it. There was nothing I could do but pray to the Z Gods. It worked, but I didn't mean for the neighbors car to get smashed. Clean up was a pain, man. You can hear nothing but chainsaw the next day. Langley AFB got a beat down. Poqouson...man...I don't want to go there. How's Tidewater Z...are they okay?

Glad to hear those who went through the storm made it. Take care and be safe...there's still much clean-up to be done.

Chris