HybridZ

Cheap 280zxt distributor rebuild

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am currently swapping an l28et into my 72. But just got done moving and lost some important dizzy parts. so i pulled the distributor out of a z31 and took it apart. the sensor unit it almost identical. my 280 sensor had "rsb 07" stamped on it and the 300 had "rsb 03" stamped on it. i noticed the signal rotor plate on the 300 had a longer slit on one of the six inside ones. probably to show wich is #1 is my guess. so i'm thinking that if you have a dead 280zxt distributor you could use a sensor off a 300zx n/a to fix it cheaply. i'm sure you could take a 300 sensor from a parts yard for real cheap as opposed to 250 bucks for a new distributor. i rigged up a coil and power transistor to my 83 ecu and harnsess and the connect the 300 distributor to it, when i spun it i got spark except the longer slit did not give a spark. i'm thinking just use the 300 sensor with the 280 signal rotor plate. as soon as i get the engine in my car I will try it out to see if the FI will work as well as the spark did. soory about the long post but i think this could help a lot of people save some cash. :D

ok this is something that I know that sleeperZ and myself have beed doing you just need to put your own bolts in to hold the sensor down and use the 280zx plate. not if your running 82-83 eccs you don't run the 84-89 power transister they use a different type than needed for the 82-83 eccs. If you really want to try some thing fun buy a 300zx turbo ecu 3 wire o2, mass air sensor, trigger, cas plate, and I think thats it and rewire your harness and you can run that improved eccs on for zxt. SleeperZ and myself are running 300zx eccs.

tbs