HybridZ

whats a good exhaust?

cameraobsess

my car has a crap exhaust system thats rusted to hell and i just dont like the set up. i have a 280zx 2+2 and i dont think the exhaust is origional after the cat anyways. my question to you is what is a good system that would replace my crapy ones well keeping it smog legal, and give me a nice non ricy solid sound. i want to go twin exhaust but i really dont want to deal with trying to fidle with it to much, if i dont go twin then i want to go about a 2.5-3 inch exhaust. any ideas?

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

What exactly are you asking? Are you asking for suggestions for mufflers? Are you asking for suggestions for complete exhaust systems?

For complete exhaust, check out:

Z store exhaust

For advice on mufflers in general, I would recommend strait pipe with a superflow muffler. Sounds excellent on my 280 engine.

Doesn't really matter what muffler you get

any inline 6 Z isn't gonna sound like a 4 banger. I use a magnaflow street series flow through muffler, all stainless steel, and run 2 1/2" pipe up to the header. Sounds good till you get it above 4k then it just screams. but you can't beat the power gain.

Just have a local performance shop weld you up an exhaust system. Mine cost 225 with new pipe, custom install, and muffler.