HybridZ

T56 and exhaust pipes

• 1 month later...
Guest tom sixbey

This is one issue i'm concerned about on my car - I'm thinking - why cant i just hammer the tunnel out BIG TIME and make all the space i want? - is there any problem created by that - i really dont care if it look ugly inside the car...

------------------

Tom 6B (73NIC)

"why slam on the brakes when you can slam on the gas?"

Tom - one issue with hammering in that area would be the throttle pedal I'd think. Mine is fairly close to the tunnel and I'd be worried about it binding up. I'm actually going to run 2.5inch exhaust both because of cost and because of routing issues. That's a mighty big pipe!

One possibility - get yourself a circle track catalog. The chassis guys I'm working with are buying exhaust tubing meant for roundy round cars - it's OVAL for added ground clearance. Perhaps this would work for us too? They claimed that the pipe sections didn't cost all that much and there are adapters available to mate it with regular round tubing.

I'll try to find out their source for everyone and maybe costing. DrewZ might be able to help here as well?

Guest tom sixbey

you know, that's a really good idea - i never even thought of different types of pipe section - you'd have to be sure that the pipe got wider in one dimension while "flattening" in another, or else it might defeat the purpose of big pipes... - i think i just might bend my gas pedal to accomodate, and shave a little off of my brake pedal (set up for heel-toe big time!) - thanks for the info!

------------------

Tom 6B (73NIC)

"why slam on the brakes when you can slam on the gas?"