HybridZ

great my t5 slave broke!

Hey guys, yup my slave broke. While i was bleeding it I heard a crack, then the boot filled up with fluid. So I need another slave cylinder. The good side was the thread that I tapped was good and did not leak, but I'm not willing to risk another slave for it. So I want to make an alternative adapter. Dan Juday recomended having Ron make an adapter but the $30 is kinda pricey especially since I have to buy another $60 slave. I was thinking of threading the roll pin type fitting to accept -3 line. Well any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Jason

I checked if that was the case but the actual plastic housing in the front cracked and broke its the part that holds in that c clip. So I got another slave for about $60 and it comes with the lifetime warranty so I kinda don't want to drill and tap this one. I'm still trying figure out how to convert that roll pin to accept a 1/8 pipe thread. I might just give up and email Ron or perry for an adapter.

Jason

It's too late now because you would have to change the bellhousing but you guys doing Chevy conversions should check out the 1984 and later Corvette bellhousing. The transmission mounts straight unlike the Camaro @ 14 degrees. Best of all is that the slave cylinder is aluminum and not plastic. It's a much higher quality unit.

I have the L98 type Vette bellhousing. It will accept the big flywheel. You can still get rebuild kits, 12.00-24.00 for the slave, new slave is 120.00-170.00. The Vette slave is aluminun 1" bore with a super long travel, good for clutch release. The "straight up" trans bolt pattern will accept any trans. The banjo bolt for the hydraulic line is 10 mm X 1.00 as I recall. The boot for the slave is not available as far as I have searched.