HybridZ

just got a 400 v8 z31

Guest Anonymous

Looks like it's amazingly clean inside! I don't know what it was about those cars, but they seem to show the passing years much more quickly than other Z's.

I look forward to reading more about it, and what your perceptions are about it. Does it handle well? What have you owned before? And where did you find it so cheap?

Guest Anonymous

well after i get a paint job it will look a LOT better... i think it was originally black and the guy i got it from put an awful paint job on it. these z's look great black.

yea im going to strip out the interior, its just a complete mess.

it handles really well, i was surprised. my last car was a 240sx (here: http://members.cardomain.com/mynismo), so i know how a sports car is supposed to handle. i wouldnt take any hard turns with it quite yet, i've only had it one day, but i eventually will.

found it on ebay... quite a bargain for $3g's shipped to my door.

Me likes :2thumbs::rockon::cheers:

With the right parts on it, it should get well above 400 HP and 11 or 12-sec ET's.

Parts like say...

Brodix aluminum Track I heads

Competition Cams Magnum 280 solid, relatively mild, but good

Weiand Team G aluminum intake

Holley 750cfm vacuum secondaries

roller rockers

150-shot :D

Guest Anonymous
I remember a week or two ago someone posted the ebay listing here and thought it was a scam because it went so cheap. I guess it isnt.

Nice car anyway' date=' what are your plans for it.[/quote']

i was amazed that no one else was bidding higher... i put in a 3500 bid with about 1.5 seconds left. i guess no one else was up at 3 in the morning... i was dancing right after the auction.

no scam... it's very fast (14.3, he left a timeslip in the car) but it needs interior and exterior work. i thought about just building up the engine but it's already pretty quick and people look at me funny when i go by them, because it looks completely stock but sounds completely mean. im sure you guys know what i mean... i learned about this board when researching before i bought the car.

im just going to get rid of that awful $200 paint job, get the chrome back in and paint it all black. then stick in some recaro seats... should be nice. im getting a couple 5" gauges (tach & spedo) in a day or two rather than buying the cable to connect the gm tranny to the nissan odo, they just look so much better. only big downturn is that the dash is in very bad condition.... i'll wait til something comes up in a junkyard.