HybridZ

EFI 351w?

Guest twdavis4400

Guest twdavis4400

Ok heres the trouble I'm haveing. I have a 1975 280z that I'm wanting to put a 351w in from a 89 van. I would like to use the EFI from the van but everyone that have talked to say that they don't make a wireing harness for that motor other then the stocker. I am wanting a stand alone wireing harness for the z. I can find wireing harness for a 5.0 all day long will a 5.0 wireing harness work on the 5.8 (351w) with the 5.8 computer?

I wouldn't let the availability of an aftermarket harness decide your motor for you, JMHO. If you want to do the 351 EFI then do it. The stock harness is usually free with the motor, unlike the Painless harnesses that are only "painless" after you pay for them. $$ :shock: $$

I've done two EFI swaps (Chevy, not Ford) and both times, with two different EFI's, I've used the stock harness. You buy the factory manual and just start deleting circuits you dont need one at a time. It's not that hard and you will get an education on your motor that is worth many times the cost of an aftermarket harness.

The 351 is a bad MoFoCo mill and EFI is the way to go. Hey, everybody's got a 5.0, right? Go for the displacement, there IS no replacement. :D

I would love to do a 351W with an EFI setup.

Here's what I would do:

Get the 351W :roll:

Get a GT40 (or cobra) intake for the windsor( the upper is the same as 5.0 but the lower is different)

Use an EEC-IV computer and wiring harness from 5.0L (89 - 93) A9L or A9P processor

Get 24# or 30# injectors and matching C&L MAF

75 mm TB

The EEC-IV computer adapts very well since it is a mass air computer. Also the 351W has the same firing order as the 5.0L.

I had a 351W in my old 1970 mach1; it was a torque monster.