HybridZ

LSD Brace, anyone make them?

PETEW

I was wondering if anyone makes the LSD brace for my '77 280Z. I want to keep the finned cover if I can. I know you can switch to the open R200 cover, but I would like to keep the finned cover. I understand that it holds more fluid, so it should have better cooling capacity. If someone makes the brace or has a shop that makes them let me know how much. I would gladly pay for the brace and some extra for who ever could help me. I know V8240Z used to get them made but is not able to get them any more. I am hoping that someone here makes them or has a contact. Thanks.

I make them or I should say I have made a few in the past. Log onto my album I have a picture there of mine. There is more time than materials making these things. I start with a stock transverse link support and make a custom unit by cutting the stock one up and welding 1" square tubing together and then bracing it wtih 1/4" plate. Over kill I'm sure but I like a nice plateform that I can mount other stuff like fuel pump, fuel filter, and maybe someday a differential cooler and pump. I've sold them for $100.00 with a core, I use the core to make the unit I sell. Not hard to make just time. And yes they do hold more fluid.

Mike