HybridZ

CAN YOU HELP?

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

ok, i have a 280z that im working on. its missing real bad, so i check the usual things, first i pulled off the injector plugs one by one, found on the #3 cylinder that when i pull the plug off it makes no difference in the way the engine runs, the rest make a huge difference and almost stall the engine. next i took a compression test and had a solid 150 lbs on all cylinders. next i checked the spark and have great spark in all cylinders. then i check with a noid light that the injector is getting a signal to fire, it did. so i figure i have a bad injector, ive had the same symptoms before and it was the injector. i removed the injector and installed a brand new one..not used. put it all back together and it runs the same. misses real bad and revs like you took a cylinder out. im kinda stumped! i hhave compression, fuel and spark at the cylinder and it acts like it has one of the previous missing. ive gone over this in my head 100 times, the only thing im thinking is maybe the cam lobe is bad or a rocker arm popped off? i just got this idea last night so i havent had a chance to get home and check it..ill do so tonight. anyone have an idea i can check into?..thanks jim