HybridZ

anyone using the stock ecu and wiringharness on a RB z?

Schlasken

This is the address to a site that I am using for inspiration of my project.

http://r31.fcpages.com/rb20.htm

My plans are to use the entire stock Skyline wiring harness in my Fairlady-Z. As my Z is RHD, no major modifications should be necessary.

I was very careful about removing the engine and trans from the Skyline front clip without cutting any wires.

Guest 81na ZX

Do you mean the stock RB wires and computer or the stock L wires and computer? There is no way the L-series wires/ECU will work with the RB engines...

Guest 81na ZX

LOL :D Ya, it'll work perfectly fine. You might need to custom mount the ECU and/or lenghten the harness wires and/or cut a new firewall hole though.

I have the stock RB26 ecu and wiring in my 240Z. I would recommend getting a front clip so as to get all of the proper fuses, etc. Fortunately a mechanic in my area knows skylines and nissans in general so with his help we got the car running (but with a few issues to yet sort out). One thing to consider is checking all of the critical circuits before installing (knock sensors, MAFs, TPS), it will save you time and you'll be confident that everything works fine. I had to chase down a few breaks in circuits given the harness was 10+ years old and had seen some abuse.

If you do want to turn up the boost, change injectors, switch to MAP from MAFs then either be prepared to buy a remapped ecu or a flexible aftermarket computer like SDS or a piggy back computer like Apexi FC.

Matt