HybridZ

Voice Modual

BAlford

We have a 1982 280ZX. The voice modual is working, we can hear it with it removed from the mounting bracket and close to our ear. The original rear L.H. speaker is no longer in the car and we can not get to where it was located. The whole back end of the car is full of an audio system.

According to the manual there is a yellow wire with a black stripe that runs from the modual to the speaker. When we connect a speaker to that wire at the modual we get no sound out of the speaker. We still hear the voice modual speaking. We do not want to connect the voice modual to our audio system. We want to connect a speaker for the modual only.

Any Suggestions?

OK, this is a progress report. We were using the wrong wires. With the speaker wire connected to the yellow/red wire that is the third from the right on the top the voice come through the speaker.

The problem now is that it will not shut off, it runs all the time and speaks all of the warnings.

Any Suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Make sure that all the sensors that it is connected to are working properly I guess. I want to use the one I got from ebay in my 1978 280z but it didn't come with the plug. Can you send me a pic of the plug so I can figure out how to wire it or can you draw up something so I can get it working ( like pin 1 black or something like that)?