HybridZ

ZXT oil cooler adapter

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

The ZXT engine I have has the oil cooler adapter. I don't have the lines but I do have the fittings(banjo bolts). Are aftermarket lines available that I can use, or do I need to find the correct lines to make it work. I guess I need to no if it would be easier to use an aftermarket oil cooler kit?

Guest JAMIE T

Z-Gad, that is what I was thinking about doing. How differant was the threads? I assume you've had no leaks? Randy, that was my other thought, but wasn't sure if they offered stuff other than standard sizes. I'll mic the bolts in the morning. Thanks.

Guest szlash280z

I don't know about any metric fittings or banjo stuff, but I have gotten my braided hoses and stuff from americanstreet rod. they are good people there.

Jamie, the threading is close, however I took mine to a machine shop to have it done. It cost me $20 to have both the large bolt and the other oil feed opening tapped. The tap would cost more than that if you were to do it yourself...

I have no leaks.

Mike

Guest szlash280z

I have lots of money invested in TAPs from when I made my fuel rail and retapped my oil supply lines to accept standard pipe thread. My 3/8pipe tap cost me $8 alone.

szlash280z- Yes I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge - The supply is taken from the original oil pressure sender tap. It is a fitting that screws into the block and has a fitting for the turbo oil line at the top - the turbo oil line isn't visible in that picture.

Doug