HybridZ

She Just Won't Stop Talking

BAlford

I guess this is a normal woman problem. I have been hearing this noise in the rear of my 1982 280ZX. I have had it running for over a year now. I had never checked it out because once the radio and the engine, a SBC, was running the noise went away. Well the other day I had the hatch up and was working on some sound equipment down near the spare tire well with the key on.

There was the noise again. I took a closer look and listened real close. It was a womans voice, going on and on. Sounded normal for a woman but how long had she been in the wheel well. She will not shut up, normal. I cain't hear what she is saying but I cain't leave her in there. If she gets untied no telling how much damage she might do. I sprayed some throat spray in her mouth (hooked up a speaker) and she went on and on. She is saying something about the doors being open, I'm out of gas (women really worry about that), the lights are on, etc.

Well anytime that the key is on she is raving on and on. If she would just speak at the proper time it would be OK but she won't stop. I had to choke her (unpluged the wires). She shut up till I stopped choking her.

Anyone got a fix for this problem other than what I do with my wife, duct tape?

Just do what she says, close the doors and get some gas. If she's anything like my girl, it's the only way to quiet her. When a woman wants you to do something, its either be single or be submissive.

There are sensors on both door openings, a sensor on the lights and break (pull break) and a sensor I assume to work with the gas gauge. The voice for "your lights are on" is wired directly to the front center speaker, the rest of the voice messages only work if your stock sterio is wired up. If you look up the wiring diagram for the voice box, you might could reconfigure the voice to work without the sterio in place.

If the voice is continous then there is a short somewhere in the wiring or the voice box itself is going bad.