HybridZ

Well ain't that some sh*t???

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

Last night I attempted to get my Walbro fuel pump installed but ran into "issues". I got it installed today, no leaks! All seems great in all the pressure tests too.

It idled fine, but when I revved the engine I would get backfiring from the intake??? So I was bummed, but I took it for a test drive anyway. Bummed even more because it ran like crap! And of course, whenever I work on this car it has to rain, so I was soaked and pissed thinking I was going to have to do a lot of troubleshooting and possible component replacement. I said F it, and went inside.

When it finally stopped raining I went back out there. I was going to try the infamous "ECU RESET!" I pulled only one plug, then plugged it back in. Started the car and it idled fine. Revved the engine and it revved fine too! No Crap! So I take it for a test drive and it worked great! I can't get into my 6PSI of boost at all when it is wet outside, I was spinning the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear! Even getting into the boost while the car was moving at over 30mph it would spin the tires!! Made me think I had Darius's supercharged V8 240Z! me likes it!

Now I am going to work on my boost controller!