HybridZ

Throttle sticks !!!

Just got my first Z this morning :-D . But the gas pedel is extremly hard to push in. I noticed that thiers a vacuum on top of the throttle body that has a hose that is missing. It looks like that hose pulls this shaft on the other end up. Does any one know where this hose comes from or where it goes ? it's completely missing and have no idea where it goes!! oh yea it's a 1978 280z

the vacuum thing that you discribe is called a dashpot. I am not sure what it does but it does not have a hose that attaches to it. If the throttle is hard to press down (petal) then check the clearance behind the petal. IE is the mat getting in the way. There isn't much to the throttle on a 78 trace back from the petal all the way to the throttle body. Make sure everything is ok and lubed well. Right around the firewall check and make sure the boot doesnt have all sorts of crap in it that could be restricting the linkage from turning.

Good luck and hopefully someone will chime in that has more experiene than I do,

Kyle

i had the same problem with my 280z.

i sat for a while before i got it .

turned out that those little pivots/rockers whatever things for the throttle linkage were all gummed up.

the worst one was the one on the firewall where the rod came off the pedal to the engine.

just pull the little clips and clean with some wd40 and a wire brush/wheel.

regrease and reinstall.

have fun!