HybridZ

Doees dealer give you calibration printouts?

TomoHawk

Local dealer has a tune-up special, so I think I'll take my 280Z in to get the WORKS. I would like to get printouts for all the calibrations or measurements they do while doing the tune-up. What, if anything, can I get or request to get? I think it would be nice to see specs on air-flow, fuel-flow, and other stuff relative to engine perfomance. I could use it as a baseline for (engine mods.)

Also, I keep all the service invoices, printouts (diagrams, etc) that I can to document the car, or for my own records. That way you can show it to a buyer, if I ever sell it, and it should help you get a better selling price. They do it on collector cars.

Also think I will get the engine bay/undercarriage steam cleaned while there.

Guest Iceickle

I'd assume you can get printouts for all tests done that involve any computers, but for ones that only involve hand tools, they would have to manually type it up, and im not sure if your mechanic would do that (especially if you are only going to him because he has a special going :-D )

Why not ask, anyway? You have nothing to lose

I talked to one of the guys that will be working on my car (other had a family emergency) and he told me he'll get copies of the printouts or write the screen results down.

It helps to say you're going to show or restore the car, so documentation is REALLY important.

I got a call from the mechanic and he told me the engine was running WAY ririch (off the scale!) and it's because somebody tampered with the Air-flow meter, so it needs to be replaced. It'll be getting a new one, since the dealers don't use used or rebuilt parts.

Would it be better to do this (replace) myself,with a used/rebuilt part, then have it calibrated, or just have the dealer do it all & bill me? I'll be getting a call Monday with an estimate.

thx.