HybridZ

Help! I need chevy U-joint info??

I just picked up a couple driveshafts from the wrecking yard(one for the 700r4 yoke and one for the shaft). The problem is neither of the u-joints seem to fit the differential flange. I bought the one from JTR and I can't see how it fits. Do I need to find another u-joint?? I am going to get it cut tomorrow and I need to know what to ask them. Thanks

the u-joints should be Spicer 1310 or equivalent. You could call someplace that carries Spicer u-joints and verify whether or not the dimensions are the same as what you've got. Do your joints look like they will fit but not quite, or are they visually too big/too small?

Mine is the same way, a biger u-joint on the front and a 1310 on the rear. Bring it to an automotive driveshaft shop, know the correct length of the driveshaft you need and they will get the JTR flange installed properly. I am using a T56 in the JTR set back position. My driveshaft is 19 1/8 long center to center and fits perfect.

Hope this helps.

Guest BigWhyteDude

good lord i did not realize the drive shafts had to be that short for the Z's. Does that cause any abnormal vibrations in the driveline?? Thats about as wide as my keybord.... whoa :shock: