HybridZ

supercharged l28 project

Guest 4.3L 280z

Here is what I have designed on the mounting of the supercharger off of the air conditioner compressor mounting plate. I will use the AC pivot bolt holes for the upper mount and brace back to the bottom of the mounting plate. I have an idler pulley where the old AC idler pulley was located.

layoutsc9fg.jpg

I am planning on keeping the supercharger as low as possible.

Here is what I have designed on the mounting of the supercharger off of the air conditioner compressor mounting plate. I will use the AC pivot bolt holes for the upper mount and brace back to the bottom of the mounting plate. I have an idler pulley where the old AC idler pulley was located.

layoutsc9fg.jpg

Am I looking at this correctly? It looks like you have an upper and lower mounting point for the supercharger, and that's all. If that's correct, I think you are going to have a hard time keeping tension on the belt - this arrangement doesn't have much strength in the direction that keeps the blower from twisting around the axis drawn between the two mounting points. I think you at least need a third mounting point.

It will not twist. This is and end view, there are 2 bolts on the top and connection and there will be 2 braces on the bottom. A lot of air conditioner compressors have only the pivot bolt and one belt adjustment stay. Air conditioner compressors mountings are designed to accept the being turned on at high revs, causing a snap load to the mountings.

If there is a problem with twisting on this design it will be a failure of the cast in supercharger mounts. This is the weakest link.