HybridZ

Z32--LS1 Conversion Kit!!

I'll be putting together a kit for this conversion soon. At least a manual which will describe everything you will need to know for the conversion (at first). Later on if there is some good interest I may provide hard parts for the kit. What do you think a good price would be for a spec and procedure manual alone?? Let me know! I will be posting pics of my conversion as soon as I can get ahold of a digital camera... Soooon! :D

Guest Smooth Operator

I have interest in the LT1 Z32 conversion although the LS1 wouldn't be that much different would it? (i dont know much abvout the LS1s)

Oh and pics! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thats awesome...I am currently mid way through writing everything up and getting dimensions from my crossmember/tranny crossmember. I will make the plans available very soon! (Including pics! The guy that took the pics hasnt sent me the pics yet....so i am patiently awaiting them! )

• 4 months later...

I originally had the Stillen cat-back exhaust system and decided on keeping it for the conversion. I had also gutted the cats and the LS1 also had precat sections....so we ditched those in favor of test pipes. Nothing like straight through exhaust. The exhaust note is VERY deep and mellow, especially at idle. There is a bit of throatiness...but i almost want a bit more. Still very nice sound. 8)

I might be asking you a few questions concerning wiring fairly soon. My car is 99.999999992% done, but has a few kinks left. I'm not home currently, but I'll let you know once I start working on it. BTW, good job on your swap, you did a good job of getting it all together before me! :)

-Vann

Definitely feel free to ask! I am currently doing some rewiring. I had originally used the stock f-body guage cluster and since, decided on going with Autometer guages. I knwo that you had done that with your setup. Looks very very clean.

It was definitely a tight race to the finish as far as the Z32 conversion! But i think...you may just edge me out horsepwer wise!!! lol :D Love the SCer setup. I'm looking at doing an ATI setup within the year.