HybridZ

need some base opinions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys I'm new to the board. I'm 43 and have just relocated to Topeka, KS. I've had 4 Z's. A 77, 83, 93 and now another 77. I now have the time and income (if not as much room or know how as Id like) to create my DREAM Z.

I want to use a 280Z not a 260, 240 or ZX. The one I have is in pretty good shape but it has a sunroof, not part of my DREAM Z plan. I am considering keeping it for parts and buying another that is as good as possible rust wise. Being closer to Az and Tx type states now keeps me hopeful of locating a good candidate.

My brother (the mechanic) and I were watching a video I have from a guy that was selling a 78 with a 350 (nice job) in it and he noticed how much of a pain in the ass changing the plugs would be under the headers.

So finally - I was wondering if you guys can throw some thoughts out regarding the pros and cons on which engine to use now that I want to start seriously planning this out.

Thanks in advance. Looks like this place is going to become a second home for me.

Ken B.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I dont think anyone can make any recomendations without an idea of what you want.

Street or strip? HP goals? Budget? Skills? N/A or Forced?

The list goes on, reply and you will get some ideas (but keep it in one thread, i'd hate to see you in the dog house at your new home :D )

BTW, since it appears that you found a few of the forums, try browsing and searching for details about certain engines.