HybridZ

transmission access panle/my 1/4 time 1st time out

I ran a best of 12.93@105mph in the 1/4. 1st time out last night with a stock 400 w/castiron intake and 830 carb.GOTTA LOVE POWER TO WEIGHT RATIOS!!!!! rockon.gif the rest were 13.20-13.10 all at 105mph... Can`t get out of the hole!! sour.gif

With that said...Has anyone made a access panle to get at the transmissions fittings and doo-dads? My kickdown cable is leaking and the last thing i want to do is pull the trans for a o-ring!!!...I don`t think the panle will caluse any weakening in the body, it has frame connectors and feels solid.After working on it for the last 2 mos. I don`t even feel like changing the oil much less pulling the trans.....Do i sound lazy? cry2.gif

Hi Mike,the size are 245-60r14`s street tires and the rear is i belive a 3:54 it`s a r200 out of a 280z......

I have a victor jr im going to put on after i get it inspected that should bump the MPH up to 107-108 and with some tuning get it down to 12.5...The plan was to buy a set of dart2 heads and a sweet soild cam and run early 11`s BUT while it didn`t break me, it did nickle and dime me to death!!!! So next year!! ....Mark

thanks pete......im not sure yet how big it will have to be, but it will be metal.As far as the track goes, it will be sealed and secure under the tunnle carpet.I haven`t had time to really look at it but to me it seems like a really good idea. at least on my car there`s no way to get in that area from underneth....mark

If I guess the weight at 2800lbs w/driver, that puts you at 262rwhp, so yes, there is some tuning to be done for more HP. What was the 60' time? You said you can't get out of the hole and no surprise with street tires. I imagine you are probably giving away a good .6 to .8 with a really bad 60'. With more tuning and good set of DRs, you probably could run hi-11s.

Hi Scottie,it was a test and tune day so i tried everyway of getting out of the hole.so my 60's aren`t too bad...best was 1.968 but most were between 2.00-2.06 as long as i didn`t stall it up i got those numbers.the first run i went balls to the wall and got a 2.407 and could not keep the tire from spinning! letting off,short shifting,feathering it....i called it quits shortly after half track coasted the rest of the way to a 16.6 @75.14 mph i was also not used to the car yet...and belive it or not the temp. never went over 170 all day!!! it never ran that cool in my nova and im using the same 3 row radiator! I going to have fun in this car!!!!! tongue.gif ....mark