HybridZ

acceleration not responsive(not enough fuel in the mixture?)

Guest vizcounty

Guest vizcounty

Hello,

First of all, I have a 77' 280Z 5 speed. I just bought a used cold start valve and replaced my old one during the weekend. After I replaced it, it start right up and works fine.

Today, I got the car started, warm it for a while and get it run, but it seems that the car is hesitating to run, it seems but it have power for a moment and suddenly no power for another moment.

Everytime I hit the gas pedal, it always respond like 1/2 of a second late before it reacts. I opened the hood and tried to listen to it and i heard this sucking sound from the air filter, but the reaction is kinda late.

Please help me out, thank you for your time, appreciated,

Viz

Sorry to tell you, but it is next to impossible to diagnose w/out more details.

A normally aspirated engine will always need three things: air, fuel, and spark. Then throw in FI sensors as well as their relays and things get a little fuzzier.

You'ld need to obtain a Factory Manual for your car as it would walk you thru the appropriate diagnostic checks. It would also benefit you to obtain a book, go to your nearest Barnes & Nobles or Hastings, and try to find a book on L-Jetronic FI....usually you'll find the book on Bosch EFI and each chapter will be dedicated to one of Jetronic systems that Bosch has come out with in the past few years; make sure it disucsses "L-Jetronic FI" as that is the system Nissan used on the early FI Z's.

You may also wish to speak to local mechanics for insight as to what your next steps in diagnostics should be.

Once you have made a few more diagnostic checks and have a little more data-report back here and maybe someone can help.

Till then....need more details.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)