HybridZ

blown head gasket, is my head toast?

This is not Z related, I hope nobody minds. I finally figured out why my '72 Nova drag race car

sounded like it was running on 6 cylinders, it was. bonk.gif The engine is a 350 SBC with Brodix

Track-1 heads.

Do you think this head can be repaired?

brodix_1.JPG

Thanks,

Don

Guest Thurem

Is that sort of a new take on the crossram concept? twak.gif

Watch as we develop new crossfire engine for chevy applications right here on HybridZ....

Hey, I feel sorry for you, that looks like a Royal pain in the A$$.

Thure

Guest Aaron

I had an aluminum head off of a 84 Senta do the same thing. (Mother's boyfriend thought there was water in the gas, and tried to let the car run until all the water burned out. Wonder he did not use all the water, and burn the motor up.) I took it to a local head shop and they welded it up and resurfaced it for about $75 (10 years ago). I don't know how a repair like that would hold up in performance applications.

thats very easily repaired and its one of the reasons aluminum heads are superior to iron heads, most shops will throw out an iron head with that damage but an aluminum head can cheaply be welded up and re-cut fixing that with no problems other than the cost of the repair (normally between $150 and $275 from most shops depending on if you want the other heads valves done also when they rebuild/weld/repair that head)