HybridZ

Water cooled turbo fittings?

Ron240zxt

It depends. What I mean is that, depending on where the center section came from originally, it could be one of several sizes.

The ones I've seen are:

16mm x ?(1.5 or 2.0) straight thread (Volvo center section). Uses banjo fittings.

18mm x ?(1.5 or 2.0) straight thread (300ZX center section). Uses banjo fittings.

3/8" NPT (Some after market units like Turbonetics). Not as common on rebuilt units.

Be cautious that a 3/8 NPT fittings will seem to screw into the 16mm openings, but will not seal properly.

Where are you getting your turbo from? If your getting your turbo from a rebuilder, then tell them what you want before you get the turbo. I've used both the 16mm and 18mm. I usually get the fittings from a salvage yard and adapt them to fit.

MIne were 18mm, and it was a nissan center section, and finding the correcct fitting was a pain the ass. I got one, it was an adapter that allowed me to go to 1/4 npt or something like that.

If you go that route, be sure to put them on BEFORE you install the turbo, or yuo will be :evil::cuss: