HybridZ

HKS S-AFR - '82 ZXT ECCS compatibility?

Guest bastaad525

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.. finally figured it out for everyone.. and myself.. LoL

Here is a diagram of what wires should be tapped into for the Apexi S-AFC!

Does it work yet? Should work.. just haven't had time to hook it all up yet.. but I traced and researched every wire..

My only problem now is figuring out if the Apexi S-AFC will accept the stock RPM signal.. maybe a tachometer converter may be on it's way

330795_174_full.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well after attempting to re-install the Apexi S-AFC.... and hooking up the potentiometer type TPS from the 240SX..... the Apexi S-AFC is a failure..

as I read on a BMW website, I needed to set the sensor voltage type to 01 out of 15 settings...

anyway... no matter what settings, or sensor types or voltage types or fuel increase it ran very rough and would intake backfire and detonate (sounded like popcorn)..

it would idle fine, but over 1,000 RPM it all went to hell...

Here's my conclusion....

the Apexi S-AFC will NOT work with the stock 280Z L28 electronics, nor the 280ZX stock electronics...

there has been results with a 300ZX ECU and MAF.... but our flap type AFM will not work.

I can however, convert the AFM with a BMW MAF (no flap and hotwire type sensor).. or a Z31 MAF.. but it would cost some more money...

Anyway... it was cool to see the throttle position, and O2 sensor readings, and RPM all on the same display in bright blue.. but ehh.. boring

i'm going MEGASQUIRT!!!