HybridZ

Articles or single tech. reference area?

Guest Chez Roban69

Guest Chez Roban69

Howdy - Is there a section in this great site for articles or standard tech. info. ( ie. LSD sources, diff. ratios, wheel/tire combos that fit, etc.) that is easily referenced by us newbies? If not, is there a reason? I see some of the same questions asked over and over w/ occasionally testy responses by grizzled veterans. Thanks much, Robin

Nope, there really is not. It would probably cause two much overhead for the administrators to try to maintain such an area. Also, the people on this site are always finding and making new solutions, so the best thing for new members is to search the archives.

Guest 1975yellowBSPZ

A good FAQ section on the front page would end some of the flames from oldtimers to the search challenged newbees.. IE what are coilovers and how big of tires can you run with them, how do you swap a l28eT into a 240z, do I need to section my struts, how much does a v8 swap cost, which model do I get the LSD from, I can buy this skyline front clip thats all I need right ... etc etc etc etc etc etc

Guest Chez Roban69

I've seen the FAQ and it is thin on detail and topics covered.

I've also spent a fair amount of time in "search" mode but finding usefull info. amongst all the hundreds of topics and titles, not to mention the thousands of posts is VERY time consuming...I love this site and spending a certain amount of time on the pc, but I'd much rather be working on my car(s) or hangin' w/ my kids or chasin' my girlfriend around or...

I'd be happy to contribute time and effort to this idea. How about input or guidance from an administrator(?) or...?

Robin

• 2 months later...

Wasn't there a sidebar with links to basic how-tos and info like Brake swap, etc? I remember seeing one months ago, and I thought it was on Hybridz, but it could've been on 240z.org . Pretty sure it was here, and I turned it off from my Control Panel.

Is there a use CP on this system?

thx.