HybridZ

Throttle bodies

Guest Riker

Hi!

What would be the main pro's and con's of throttle bodies vs. carbs...I've heard people talking that carbs don't work well with turbo engines...

What are the basic differences between TB and carb?

Guest 81na ZX

Check out howthingswork.com . What your asking about is fuel injection vs. carbs.

Turbos are easier to work on FI, but can be made to work on carbs too (either blow through or draw through).

This can be a very complex topic, I'd suggest searching around the net as much as possible

Riker,

this is off topic. i see that you are from Krk and i am just wondering if thats where you stay right now or do you stay in states? reason that i am asking is because i grew up in Croatia too actually few miles from Okucani to be exact. small world isnt it? lol

ps. i love that link to turbo yugo freaking awesome never seen that before.

Ivan

@ Ivan : I live in Krk, and but since you've grown up in Croatia, maybe we can meet next time you come around...that would be crazy :)

What turbo yugo you mean? The 0.9 Turbo or 2.0 Turbo?

The 0.9 turbo is first hybrid car that my friend makes, that car has only chassie from original Yugo :)...

The white Yugo, 2.0 turbo, is state of the art suicide machine :)

I know the guy who drives it, he's from Rijeka (you know where that is?) and he made a lot of noise with that car in our street racing scene...

That car produces 220 HP, but when "overboosted", it outputs around 300+HP, goes 160+mph and to drive a Yugo with that numbers is straight suicide :)

He won a legendary drag race, one night at our local racing spot (middle of the freeway, we just block it during race :) ) ...there was like thousands of people, and he raced with Corvette with 4.8 or 5.2 engine, I'm not shure...there was little money and plenty of adrenaline and heart involved :)

Of course, Yugo won and since that day (2yrs ago) nobody want's to race him on saturday nights illegal races when we usually meet :)

Damn...it shure is a small small world... 8)

Crazy stuff man i cant belive that there is big racing sceen back home. i moved from there in '97 when i just turned 15 so i did't get chance to really get into the cars yet but once i got here it was on :D the whole car scene in usa is just insane for me its more like way of life. when i said yugo i was talking about 0.9l one i did't see link to 2.0l but i would love to see it for sure that would have to be one truely sick car :shock: and corvette came with 5.7l and older ones in stock form are not much to worry about :wink: . my friends MOM bought 03 corvette z06 405hp stock i rode in that car so much that has to be one of the fastest stock cars i have ever riden in ohh yeah and it did 172mph hehehehe. as i said i have't been home in seven years but 2/3 of my family lives in Zagreb so i will have to come and visit one day right? yes i do know where Rijeka is i have seen all the coast line from Zadar all they way down to Dubrovnik (i want to go back there so badddd!!!) that was my seven day "maturalni put" on the end of seventh grade good times for sure. i guess thats all i have on my mind right now and by the way welcome to the board.

ps. are there any old datsuns (240,260,280) back there and if there are how much do they go for?

Ivan

Ivan Jurisic? That's a genuine Croatian name, no doubt. I'm Mavrovic, like that boxer champion a few yrs ago..

Ok, let's not OT too much...

I'm glad that I've found these board and all

Drop me some email if you have any plans on coming to croatia during summer...

8)

ps. are there any old datsuns (240,260,280) back there and if there are how much do they go for?

I don't think that you can find Datsuns in Croatia...neither new nor old...