HybridZ

Anybody got a cure for bad bodywork? ...body shops?

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Wouldn't it be nice if this site could hold a new topic about recommended body techs/shops nationwide, but hey, I'll settle for anyone in New England, as I'd like to repaint my Z in a year or two (has the Maaco special on right now!), but I only got one far away reference from the N.E.Z club..I'm near Boston, MA. It'd be cool to have a little black book of shops/techs for body stuff that we all could recommend/or tell each other to stay the hell away from!

Cheers,

John

regional help topics such as this could be added to the hybridz helpers website.

http://hybridz.jimzdat.com/forum/

Since all of the states and provinces are already listed, it would only make sense to list your favorite or most reputable salvage yards,parts store,and repair facilities.

This is also a good oportunity for me to put in a plug for the helpers list. You would think that with the membership numbers we have here, more people would be willing to join the helpers list.

It seems everyone is willing to put in there .02 but only a few are willing to get their hands dirty for a fellow Z`er. :?

I guess it`s a good thing that no fellow z`ers have had trouble in your area. :? Or maybe only a few have traveled through your area.

I think the helpers list would get alot more traffic if there was a direct link on our home page.

I know Jim has suggested this a few times ,but I think it has just gone under the radar when ugrades and updates have been made to the site.

The helpers list could also be used as a contact list, to be used to plan small detours when traveling. It would be a great recource to help us get to know each other on a more personal (face to face) basis.

This is the first I've heard of the helper's list, thus I'm ASSuming that it isn't widely known or advertised. I used the link & observed the gearset being chipped from solid unobtanium, but that is all I can see as my Hybrid Z log in isn't enough. What gives? Separate registration required? Why isn't being logged on to HybridZ good enough? (A feature/site is of little use if it can't be easily used). Why no sticky notes in the forums to tell members of this list/benefit? Why is there air? If a tree falls in the garage, who planted it?

But doesn't it defeat the purpose of the list if all the members can't access it? If I'm in trouble in a foreign city, I won't be able to root around in my e-mail program to find my username and password. Surely there must be some way to integrate this and make it a bit more user friendly.

Oh, to answer the original question about a cure for bad bodywork. Yes, there is a cure. It's called a Sanding Board. Grab your roll of 200 grit and a can of Bondo and go to town. There is no substitute for elbow grease when doing bodywork.

I`m not sure exactly why the helpers list hasn`t been more integrated or more widely used by our members. :?

I guess it`s not a commonly offered fringe on other forums, so people don`t think about it.

I personally would love to see at least one contact/helper in every region listed on the helpers list. this would make the list MUCH more convienient.

Here is the original thread on the Helpers List.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17941&highlight=helpers