HybridZ

Clutch Question

Guest chucklaw33

Guest zx racer

i beleive that the flywheel on a turbo car and on a 2+2 are the same and are different than that on a n/a coupe. If that is the case the pressure plate won't work. I was wondering if my d/f clutch pressure plate and n/a flywheel would hold up on a turbo motor?

Guest 240hybrid

The NA setup runs a 225mm clutch disc and pressure plate, and the Turbo and 2+2 models have a 240mm clutch disc and pressure plate. I'm pretty sure that using a 225mm (NA model) pressure plate will start to wear into the larger 240mm (turbo model) clutch disc. This will cause a step down or lip to be worn into the disc. I could be wrong, but I don't think that you run with that safely. It may cause the explosion of the clutch disc. from the un worn outline around the disc., and that could get ugly :ugg:

I would recommend a clutch kit, it comes with all the goodies you need....clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bushing, and throw out bearing which I always replace when installing a new clutch. Oh yeah, they come with a alignment tool too that is a timesaver.

Chase