HybridZ

500sx

fl327

hey im never in this forum, but wondering if anyone had info on

5.0 engine into 240sx. just tried searching internet and hybrid for info seems like no body does it and i wonder why? if a z can swallow one whole and the rear suspension lives, a 240sx will romp with one i think.

anyways, this is the next project im getting into, ill be dropping a 5 liter mustange engine and t5 into my buddies 90 sx over the winter school break, hopefully getting it to run by or before the first day of 2004

car is running jdm 4.08 lsd r200 rear, tein coilover setup, and will have 300zxtt brakes next week. (bolt on for these cars, similar to doing a toyota solid rotor swap, except you end up with 12.5 inch slotted rotors instead)

we have the driveline, just need to make up mounts, and using off road fms harness to fuel it, e303 cam, and some minor mods before install, nothing crazy though. goal is to get factory flywheel hp to rwhp, so i guess tahts 225/300, which should be good for time being.

we want the first v8 240sx drift machine, and all info would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

i just got a 5.0 motor with edelbrock performer manifold and edelbrock aluminum heads for $400.it had a carb on it but carb was junk.engine is at original bore.a parts guy at work is building a 240 sx with a rb20 but to me that sounds like a waste of time.the 5.0 motor is best bang for buck and its easy to slide/drift with torque.goto sanderson header website -they have a few tight style headers .since you are in sf you can always put motor in car and take it to them to see what headers will fit.you will need to get the trans converted to 2.95 1st gear wc style.the oem 3.35 1st is useless with low rear gear.measure the height of crankshaft centerline at front and output shaft at rear so new motor lines up with out having drive shaft run at bad angles.the limiting factor on a 5.0 is the hydralic roller lifters-they are heavy.6500 rpm max with good valve springs.for a drift car motor i would run solid lifters or soild rollers .if you need trans work done or some on site ideas email me.

shoot i forgot all about you Randy! sorry about that, and thanx will do on the trans and on site help, im kinda new to sbf scene, my only experience is minor work on fox bodies, and a couple sb and bb f engine installs into 1st gen stangs. I have been around 5.0 cars a whole bunch and have driven a lot of them, I have to say I like them overall and think it would be a great marriage into the s13 chassis. we were thinking rb or sr engine into a 240sx, but this guy who the car belongs too drives really hard and often, he is a process server and sometimes drives 400 miles a day to serve documents, and he loves driving his 240sx to do it. this guy needs domestic driveline, having exotic jspec parts wont work well for the guy i dont think. he is bent on doing the swap, and we should be starting it up soon. goal is a 12 second quarter mile car with a drift suspension, efi, and hopefully 20mpg. Randy thanx again. When does the 302 go into the 280? If you want to sell some parts when your turbo setup comes out, hit me up, and thanx.

fox bodies-i have ridden around laguna in a fully prepped by grigs 94 and think they only made it understeer faster.not the same balence as my z.i bought the 5.o cause it was cheap.i have a mountain of turbo stuff .a 60-1 /stage 5 turbo.just rebuilt late 82/83 zx na trans.act 240 mm street clutch.2 complete engines.manifolds and heads.diesel crank.i want a car that is faster to wrench on -5.0 is easier.more torque out of corners.plus summit cheap parts.will be running my a/c though-it blows 32 degree air.i puuled that motor in 1/2 hour.

wait, so you alredy pulled the L engine out of your car?

Ive always heard that the fox bodies like to spin around on you just when you think youre handling a corner well, i know they whip the tightest doughnuts ive ever seen or done, thats for sure.

When would all this stuff be ready to go? turbo stuff i mean?