HybridZ

Swap heater core with A/c evaporator?

TomoHawk

As you know, you only get heat from under the dash, but on the new cars, you get heat from the center dash vents, too. Would it be possible to put a heater core where the a/c condenser was, and plumb it into the heater lines?

Is there a way to close off the fresh air holes so you can recirculate the warm air inside? Otherwise, you wouldn't get warm air from the center vent.

Also, I had the idea of hosing the cold-air vents under the ends of the dash to the side vents. Do you get any air flow out of those? Opinions?

thx.

Yeah, I'm spewing to day... :D

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I just happen to have had my heater scattered about today and was looking at the way everything works with all of the little doors and such. Yes, there is a shutter door on the blower assembly that switches from outside air or recirculating inside air. The door that switches from heater to center dash vents can probably be used to make air flow through all of the vents if it is only moved half way. (I am assuming that you are probably in the same situation that I am in, with not having any of the cables hooked up).