HybridZ

Z in my SX!

Guest alfred182

DO IT !

I thougth about doing that very thing, the SX is a better more modern chassis with better suspension and brakes, the L28ET is super cheap (although a bit heavy) and has awesome power potential, and as far as I can tell it's not been done, and yes it will fit, but not sure about the steering clearance, you can't spit without hitting 8 ricer kids with SR swaps, no-one has the L28ET

Guest bastaad525
you can't spit without hitting 8 ricer kids with SR swaps

Aint dat da truth..... ROFL :D

Still better than the all-show-no-go honda kids though!

my .02 is... man, engine swaps, just about any engine swap I can think of, are complex enough as it is, and usually a PITA no matter which way you slice it. Horsepower is horsepower (well.. mostly :D ) if it were me, I'd think of whatever my hp goal was and just take the easiest/cheapest path to get there (well of course I'd factor reliability as well), in this case, probably the SR20DET. Though L28ET's can be had a LOT cheaper than the SR motors, I'm figuring the cost of custom everything it would take to get the L28ET in, along with the complexity (you're gonna be figuring it out yourself.. always the 'bright side' of being the first to do something), will probably exceed the total cost of the SR20 swap. I mean... if ya just gotta be different, and btw I don't get the obsession with this... I just wanna be fast, ya know? If everyone is putting steroided-up hamsters under their hood to go fast and it works and it's easy you're damn skippy I'm gonna do the same thing :D I don't feel like making my car twice as hard of a project to go just as fast but be able to say "look I'm different!" and anyways how long before someone copies you and you're not different anymore? Just doing it for the sake of being different, just doesn't seem the best way to go. Not to mention it will most likely take (MUCH) longer to complete the L28ET swap... I dunno about you but I'm impatient, I want my car done NOW please. Jackstand Racing isn't fun in my book (no offense guys :wink: ).

SR20DET is proven, the procedure well known, relatively easy, not TOO expensive, and will make great power, easily as much as whatever you're gonna pull out of a stock L28ET block. In the end you're gonna get that same feeling when you stomp the pedal thru the firewall....