HybridZ

engine mock-up

Guest plainswolf

Guest plainswolf

a long time ago I came across a website that had mock-up engines... at least for the SBC anyways... It was basically some sort of very lightweight plastic or composite piece scaled to the actual external physical dimensions of the engine.

I was wondering if any of you guys know of a source for a Ford 302? Something like that would be extremely handy in determining exact engine placement/mounting options..

a website perhaps?

Thanks

Mark

Guest plainswolf

Ahhh!

Good lord after two days I finally found a source of lightweight full scale engine replicas.. :D

this may be a good reference for anyone else as well. I can imagine this will be extremely handy in conversion trial fits...etc..

http://www.payr.com/

Mark

Guest tom sixbey

thankyou plainswolf, i have been looking for one of these for a LONG time... a dummy block is the perfect tool for creating engine mounts (and therefore swap kits!)

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Those are intended for use as display items. A novelty item certainly isnt going to be very cheap. If you really want a cheap one for yourself, just paper mache over your engine to make a mold and fill the mold with A/B foam.