HybridZ

327 supercharged

Graeme

Hi guys

got the zed dynoed the other day , ran a 135 kw (180 hp) at the wheels :( .

Has a standard 327 on straight gas research.

Wanting more power obviously, and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas about supercharging this engine.

Dont want to change the engine, can I bolt on a supercharger at LOW boost and get some more power.

I have a feeling it may not be worth it without reducing the comp ratio, but the engine is on its last legs (not blowing smoke) but fully bored to 60 thou and just wanted to get more power before I do a complete engine replacement.

Cheers

Graeme

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

If you dont make any changes to that engine, a supercharger is going to be a waste. That engine is not breathing. That must be a bone stock 327. You could do some simple dirt-cheap mods to that engine and get about 100HP more.

Just a larger carb, dualplane intake manifold and a cam swap would probably amaze you. I wouldnt spend the money on new heads unless you will reuse them on your next engine for sure.

Something like

Used Carter 625 or Holley 650 vacuum secondary (150)

Edelbrock Performer intake manifold (70)

Comp Cams Xtreme energy "262" (150 new with lifters last i bought one)

I would bet that youd say something like "WOW!...thats the best damn 370 i ever spent!"

Good luck!

Jason