HybridZ

A few pics of Big Geeks bucket

Guest Big Geek

The GN motor looks like it belongs there :D Big intercooler too---what kind is it? Did you fabricate that? Looking good!

I figure your car should do pretty darn well in the quarter mile. By the looks of it, I'd say that's where you were headed with the project. Keep up the good work!

Davy

Damn, that looks soooo nice! I'm so close with my swap, I can feel it. A few months ago, I thought I would have my engine in before you. Hey, what did you end up doing with the engine mounts? Is the engine slightly offset to clear the steering shaft, or did you center the engine and use a u-joint in the steering shaft to get around the drivers side header? You have any pictures of your mounts? What down pipe is that? I have the ATR TTA down pipe and I'm still hoping that it's going to fit.

Looks like a rats nest of wires. My stock harness looked like that after I pulled it all apart. Looks complicated, but really it isn't.

What are you using for a fuel tank and fuel pump? By the way, I love that color on your Z.

!M!

P.S. Next time, post info or pictures of your car in the "6 Cylinder Tech board" :wink:

Guest Big Geek

Hey, what did you end up doing with the engine mounts?

I ended up making some. It was not that difficult. The toughest part was making sure the A/C would fit.

Is the engine slightly offset to clear the steering shaft, or did you center the engine and use a u-joint in the steering shaft to get around the drivers side header?

It is offset about 3/4 of an inch as I weigh 290-lbs and I figured it would help with the weight bias in addition to the steering issue.

You have any pictures of your mounts?

No but if you need some mounts let me know and I will see what I can do for ya.

What down pipe is that?

That my freind is one mangled up Houston DP off of my GN. It is still mandrel bent though and not crimped in any way.

I have the ATR TTA down pipe and I'm still hoping that it's going to fit.

It should and if you are worried about it you are welcome to send it down and I can fab it up using mine as a jig. The only problem that I can fore-see with that is that you would have to use mounts exactly like mine.

Looks like a rats nest of wires. My stock harness looked like that after I pulled it all apart. Looks complicated, but really it isn't.

You are soooooooooo correct.

What are you using for a fuel tank and fuel pump?

I have a sump welded in and I made a sheld to mount an Aeromotive pump on from the edge of the tank. I would be glad to take some pics and e-mail em to ya.

By the way, I love that color on your Z.

Thanks, it has been on the car for several years now.

I am e-mailing you a couple of recent pics. I will take more tomorrow. Cheers !!!

Jim C.

P.S.-Matt feel free to call me if you like.

334-272-2377 Home

334-206-3480 Office

334-850-0258 Cell

I am on CST.

Cool, thanks for answering my questions! Hey, before I forget, I noticed that you don't have a upper radiator hose. I was told by a fellow GNZ'er that if you go to Advanced Auto and ask for part # L327, you will get a hose that matches perfectly. What are you going to use for the bottom radiator hose?

For the engine mounts, I was thinking of your offer you made to me on TB's.com, but I want to make this engine as low and far back as possible. If it means that I have to move the coil pack to clear the fire wall, then so be it. Also, I want the engine centered, so I guess that I'm going to be using a u-joint in the steering shaft like Scottie did. I have coilovers and weight distribution won't be much of a problem, mostly because I have a contact that I can go to to corner wieght my car when the swap is complete. I may have to move the battery, because the down pipe is so close to it, so that can help as well.

I think I asked Scottie this a while back too, but did you have to make any modifications to the tranny tunnel to fit the 2004R in there?

If I have any questions that I can't put into words, then I'll be callin' you!

Thanks.

Oh yeah, thanks for e-mailing me those pictures. Looking forward to some more. :2thumbs:

!M!