HybridZ

3800 Bk V6 w/RWD Tranny?

Kevin Shasteen

I have searched thru the entire 49 pages of the "6 Cylinder Engine's" forum and have only found two/three threads asking the same questions w/out definitive answers. So, thought I would post the same question here.

Does the 3800 Bk V6 have the typical BOP bellhousing bolt pattern and does the FWD engine series come with motor mount bolt holes on the sides of the block in case someone wanted to mount the engine in a North/South RWD fashion??

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Hi,

The Buick 3800 V6 is a 90 degree engine BUT, it comes with the GM front wheel drive 60 degree bellhousing bolt pattern. This is NOT the typical BOP pattern. So, any bellhousing that will fit a Chevy 2.8 -3.1-3.4 V6 will fit the Buick 3800 V6. Easy to get a bell out of a S10 pickup for a T5 swap. Don't know about the motor mounts though.

Greg

Thanks Greg, at least we now know about the bellhousing issue.

Perhaps one of our down udner (Ausie) members can chime in on the RWD motor mounts...as their Holden's, which are GM 3800's, are mounted in the RWD set up.

Surely GM doesnt have two different blocks when it comes to FWD or RWD motor mounts (?).

FWIW: I've doen extensive searching on the web for these answers w/very little feedback. I did come across one site where one post mentioned that the 90 degree Bk V6 3800's are build in America as long blocks and then sent to Holden in Austrailia for completion. I've done so much searching these last few days, I cant remember if I read this somewhere here at HybridZ or on another site.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

I thought all of the camaro/firebird v6`s were of the 60 degree variety?

Even the 3.4`s were 60 degree. there are 4l60e`s 700r4`s and t5`s available for all of these.

The supercharged Bonneville ssei is 90 degree. :wink:

The 3800 V6 and the 3.4 V6 were both options in the F Body cars.

http://www.3800performance.com/vehicles/camaro.htm

Greg