HybridZ

Ultra Flo dual 2 1/2 muffler (#17231)

theBrit

Hi All

The short question is, has anyone tried a dual in, dual out muffler under a 240z in addition to a muffler(s) in the rear ? I want this to be as quiet as a regular GM car is with a LT1, primerily so that when I get on it going to work in the mornings the neighbours aren't waiting for me at night :oops:

I'm thinking about hooking up my Lt1 5sp via dual 2 1/2 pipes with H pipe to two bullet mufflers( short ones might fit) to a pair of super turbo mufflers (and cut the wheel well).

Also considering the same set up with a Y pipe to 3" to a single muffler in the back.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Mike

• 8 months later...

Also considering the same set up with a Y pipe to 3" to a single muffler in the back.

Mike

I am highly considering doing the same thing. Running 2.5" dual headpipes into a dual 2.5" inlet/3" outlet Y-pipe just before the rear suspension. Then a 3" pipe under the rear suspension and into a muffler in the stock location.

This way it will "look" mostly stock and until they hear me on the gas, they'll never know about the 383 under the hood.