HybridZ

Got my 383 today :) !!!

Guest gprix1

Guest gprix1

Just had to tell somebody smile.gif

Picked it up today; oil pan to carb, $3000. Has HEI ignition, ported Dart heads, reworked Holley 750 DP, everything from a friend of mine. It's all tuned and ready to drop in. He had it in his el-camino before we stuffed a worked 502ci in his car. That car was very fast with this motor (now it's insane with the 502). Can't wait to bolt it to the T56 and get it into the Z.

Guest gprix1

How much exactlty, I don't really know but it's up there. For strength, I have a Corvette IRS that is going in and a roll cage. I have the VR Engineering 280YZ front and rear flares so I'm hoping I don't have to shorten the IRS.

That reminds me, I need to start talking to Scottie-GNZ again and find out how is front 5 lug adapter is working out. I want to do something like that so I can run GM wheels front and back.

Hey, you're in Lodi? Check out:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorCalHybridZ/

We currently have 24 local HybridZ members in NorCal.

Guest gprix1

Scottie-GNZ has done this swap.

http://www.turbobuicks.com/members/scottiegnz/vette-irs-swap.htm

He shortened his but I'm hoping I will not have to. I will be doing mine basically the same except I will be using the original mounting points that Scottie-GNZ used (un-shortened). I also plan on doing the shocks the same way (to the towers) except of course, mine will have a mount welded onto the hub that comes inboard about 1" because of the wider track.

Guest Anonymous

Are you putting in the whole vet irs or just the differential? I have seen a couple of Z's with just the diff but can't seem to find the people who own them. If any of you know how to do this mod or know where to find it on the net, please shed some light.